Lamesa Dam + UP Diliman Photowalk + Photography Class and Contest [☾ ~ #30]Sunday, May 25, 2014
I felt the thirst for an adventure that made me join a photo contest at the office. I was serious about learning something new about the art of taking pictures. Good thing I have a buddy who felt the same. Together with Krishan (a colleague) with his friend Steve, we went to Lamesa Dam with the mission to capture the beauty of nature and show it to the world.
All the people who joined this contest at the office were given the chance to attend the basic and advanced photography classes. Some of the things I learned from there are the following:
Mastering photography has always been one of my goals. This is one step towards it. Yay!
* For handheld shots, recommended minimum shutter speed is 1/125 to avoid blurry photos.
* You don't always need to follow what's shown on the metering mode. Humans would know better than the machine.
* Spot metering mode is the best setting during concerts!
* For the photo composition, it's more effective to have a foreground object on landscape shots.
* Try using bracketing during sunrise and sunset photos to balance out the exposure of the light (sky) and the dark (land) parts.
* Research about stock photography (useful for astro photos!)
A month ago, the selected photo entries for the photography contest in the office were posted in one of our office floors.
|entries in the photo contest|
|my entry! :D|
|See more of his amazing photos in IG: @engr_v|